What is Palagonite?
Palagonite is a type of rock dust that originated as basalt before being vitrified (made glass-like) and oxidised through natural processes. The resulting product is more plant-available as a soil amendment and compost activator than basalt dust.
What are the benefits it provides?
- Serves as a soil balancing agent.
- Provides nutrients and trace elements.
- Promotes microbial growth.
- Improves soil aeration and Cationic Exchange Capacity (CEC).
- Improves the soils structure in terms of water infiltration and retention.
- Provides improved protection from insects and fungal diseases.
How do I use Palagonite?
As a Soil Amendment - Add 1 cup of Palagonite to 25 L of depleted soil, and 1/4 cup each subsequent cycle.
This listing is for 1 kg of Palagonite